Fundamentals of Cost Accounting
Manufacturers have a multitude of costs that must be included in inventory and cost of goods sold: material, labor, direct variable costs, indirect variable costs and fixed costs. You will learn how to properly identify these costs. Using multiple case studies, this seminar will provide you with detailed information on the various techniques companies have devised to apply all these costs to inventory. Doing so ensures that inventory and cost of goods sold are properly valued for both internal and external users. This seminar provides you with the information you need in deciding how to value inventory and cost of goods sold in your company.
How You Will Benefit
- Classify all inventory costs
- Create an inventory direct costing system
- Identify fixed manufacturing costs
- Apply fixed manufacturing costs to inventory
- Create a standard costing system and calculate variances
- Create an Activity Based Costing (ABC) system
- Use cost-volume-profit analysis to determine break-even points and margins of safety
- Use relevant costing models for production decisions
Upcoming start dates
21 February, 2024
- Virtual Classroom
24 April, 2024
- Virtual Classroom
Who should attend?
This seminar is designed to help manufacturing managers succeed. If you are responsible for the proper costing of inventory and for assessing manufactured product profitability, this is your seminar.
- Job costing procedures
- Process costing procedures
- Absorption costing techniques
- Equivalent units of production calculations
- Direct costing techniques
- Standard costing techniques
- ABC costing techniques
- Cost-volume-profit analysis
- Relevant costing techniques for future production decisions
Course price for:
- Non Members: $2595
- AMA Members: $2345
Certification / Credits
CEU: 1.7, CPE: 20
Average rating 4.9
This class is applicable to every professional's daily life. I was able to use key concepts from this course next day I was in the office. The next day, not next week or year.
One answer key was wrong. Please check with the instructor.
The American Management Association, International (AMA) is the global leader in talent development. Founded in 1923, AMA supports the goals of individuals and organizations through a complete range of educational products and services, including instructor-led classroom and virtual seminars, webinars,...