Scripting with ACL Analytics
A comprehensive coverage of scripting using a hands-on approach. It includes how to script the import, preparation, and analysis phases of an audit to create continuous routines. Also, ways to leverage functionality only available to scripts like GROUP and LOOP commands, flag and counter-based loops, and creating a script that creates another script. These features add amazing power to your capabilities. ACL 303 also prepares you for level 6 & 7 of ACL Certified Data Analyst (ACDA) exam.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for dates and prices
Who should attend?
Users who have completed the ACL101 course (or are self-taught to that level) and have been using ACL to the extent that they are comfortable using the ACL101 content. Attending the ACL201 course is not a prerequisite, but many users find it useful.
- A Comprehensive Introduction to ACL Analytics-ACL101
- Equivalent Experience
- Getting started
- Best practices
- Computed/physical fields
- Interactive scripts
- Error trapping – flag-based loops
- Import planning
- Importing files
- Importing the most recent file
- Importing multiple files–counter- based loops
- Importing with ODBC
- Using datetime functions to automate date ranges
- Data integrity
- Automating script termination
- Transactional filters
- Field mapping (cryptic field names)
- Data harmonization
- Analysis scripts overview
- GROUP command
- LOOP command
- Keyword analysis
- Creating a script from a script
- Fuzzy matching
- Accessing the scripthub library
- Interpreting Script details
- Download from scripthub
- Preparation and running a scripthub script
- Bringing it all together - summary
- Bonus scripts – split transactions and identify working days
Course delivery details
Bring this course to your organization at your convenience. ACI Learning can deliver this instructor-led course for your team at a chosen location or virtually. Alternatively, choose the topic(s) you need and ACI will craft a training solution to keep your team future-proof.
Certification / Credits
NASBA Certified CPE: 24 Credits Auditing
Risk and Compliance Certificate
What You'll Learn
You will learn to use ACL Analytics for on-the-spot analytics and continuous routines to run against future data. Also, scripts for cleansing, split transactions, keyword searches and deleting temporary tables, among others.
At ACI Learning, we train leaders in Cybersecurity, Audit, and Information Technology. Whether you're starting your IT career, mastering your profession, or developing your team, we're with you every step of the way. We believe that training is not a...