Managing the Internal Audit Department
This course is for audit directors and focuses on ways to meet the demands of stakeholders. It covers developing the audit plan, setting goals, methodology changes, structuring and marketing the department, and co-sourcing. Students get a list of over 200 best practices, have an opportunity to adapt some of these best practices to their unique circumstances and develop their own list of tips, tools and techniques that can be used in their organizations right away.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for dates and prices
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Internal Audit Managers, Directors and Supervisors
Fundamentals of Internal Auditing (OAG101), Advanced Auditing for In-Charge Auditors (OAG201) or equivalent experience
- The Critical Role of the Audit Director/Manager
- Developing an Effective Mission/Vision Statement
- Developing Strategic and Risk-Based Annual Business Plans
- Corporate Governance
- Building Relationships: Marketing and Selling Internal Audit
- Audit Committee Relationships
- Attracting and Keeping the Right People with the Right Stuff
- Minimizing Departmental Administration
- Improving the Productivity of the Audit Process
- Incorporating Best Practices Throughout the Department
- IA’s Role in High-Profile Situations and What Went Wrong–Lessons Learned
Course delivery details
Bring this course to your organization at your convenience. ACI Learning can deliver this instructor-led course for your team at a chosen location or virtually. Alternatively, choose the topic(s) you need and ACI will craft a training solution to keep your team future-proof.
Certification / Credits
NASBA Certified CPE: 32 Credits Auditing
Internal Audit Certificate
What You'll learn
You will learn about the critical role of the audit director, how to develop and implement an effective mission, vision and strategy, stakeholder management and best practices to improve productivity and develop your staff.
Average rating 4
Instructor was very knowledgeable and engaging. I appreciated the examples which brought the subject matter to life. Hotel facilities were adequate not great. Some of the sli...
Great course with a very knowledgeable instructor.
Great refresher for experienced audit professional. Perfect class curriculum for rising audit professionals.
At ACI Learning, we train leaders in Cybersecurity, Audit, and Information Technology. Whether you're starting your IT career, mastering your profession, or developing your team, we're with you every step of the way. We believe that training is not a...