Supporting and Troubleshooting Windows 10Netcom Learning
10982: Supporting And Troubleshooting Windows 10 - a 5-days training course by NetCom Learning
This course is designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills required to install and configure Windows 10 desktops and devices in a Windows Server domain corporate environment.
Who should attend?
The primary audience for this course is the Enterprise Desktop Support Technician (EDST), who provides Tier 2 support to users running Windows 10 personal computers (PCs) and devices in medium to large enterprise organizations, within a Windows domain environment.
The secondary audience for this course are IT professionals who administer and support Windows 10 desktops, devices, users, and associated network and security resources.
Students who seek certification in the 70-697, Windows 10 Configuring exam will also benefit from this course.
This course is designed to cover the following key topics:
- Implementing a Troubleshooting Methodology
- Troubleshooting Startup Issues
- Troubleshooting Hardware and Device Drivers
- Troubleshooting Remote Computers
- Resolving Issues with Network Connectivity Issues
- Troubleshooting Group Policy
- Troubleshooting User Settings
- Troubleshooting Remote Connectivity
- Troubleshooting Resource Access Within a Domain
- Troubleshooting Resource Access for Clients That Are Not Domain Members
- Troubleshooting Applications
- Maintaining Windows 10
- Recovering Data and Operating System
Provider: Netcom Learning
Netcom Learning - Experts in IT, Business and Executive Training
NetCom Learning is an innovative leader in IT, business, and executive training to companies, individuals, and government agencies, dedicated to promoting the values of lifelong learning. Since 1998 NetCom Learning has trained over 80% of the Fortune 100 companies and...