Professional Certificate for the Medical Educator
Focus your medical experience and insight, and learn to create a contemporary, student-centered curriculum specifically for adult learners. First, learn the various historical approaches and theories to teaching and curriculum design for adults. Then, discover how modern teaching involving students more, and teachers less, impacts your teaching strategy. Find tried-and-true methods for student assessment to create an interactive, reinforced learning environment. Then, develop a project exemplifying one of the methods learned for your own classroom use, and refine it through feedback and enhanced understanding before taking it, and other strategies, into your own classroom.
Any healthcare professional with an AA degree wanting to expand their career into teaching students in a healthcare program or course.
What You'll Learn
- Historical understandings of teaching and learning for adult students
- How to blend theory and practice into a full curriculum
- New methods to create a classroom environment focused on student learning rather than teacher-fronted lessons
- How to empower students by involving them in self-assessment and best practices for evaluation
- Reinforcement of your studies through a project that provides you feedback to use on developing your curriculum
What You Can Do With This Certificate
By earning this certificate, you validate your capability to benefit others with your experience and teaching know-how and can teach at various adult education centers or other continuing education programs geared for healthcare students.
Who should attend?
- Teaching and Learning Theory for Medical Education
- Foundations of Curriculum for Medical Education
- Instructional Strategies in Medical Education
- Assessment and Evaluation for Learning in Medical Education
- Teaching Practicum in Medical Education
University of California, Riverside
Located 80 kilometers east of Los Angeles, in the heart of beautiful sunny Southern California, the University of California, Riverside (UCR), is one of 10 campuses within the prestigious University of California system, one of the nation’s premier public institutions...
Find out more about this Professional Certificate for the Medical Educator course by simply filling out your details:
No reviews available
LOOKING FOR TRAINING?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team