Facilitation Training for Experienced Trainers
No-nonsense techniques for providing value, communicating relevance, and meeting business objectives
This is a mastery-level workshop that focuses on the facilitation of adult learning. During the workshop, participants practice delivering their own real-life training content. As they do, they build self-awareness, assess their assumptions and habits, and hone their skills. Work focuses on making training delivery feel relevant and efficient to learners.
The Facilitation Training for Experienced Trainers workshop includes video-recorded exercises followed by private instructor-led video review. This two-instructor approach helps participants understand their strengths and weaknesses and keeps them focused on what works best for them.
The workshop incorporates a blended learning approach that includes pre-work as well as access to job aids and reference material after the workshop. These are available through eCoach, Turpin's online learner's portal. Participants also receive a copy of The Orderly Conversation: Business Presentations Redefined.
Turpin tailors this workshop to meet the needs of each individual and the organization they work for. If participants don't have access to training materials prior to the workshop, Turpin will help them with the instructional design process.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for experienced trainers needing to hone their skills.
This workshop will help participants:
- Engage learners in a productive and efficient learning conversation.
- Create the conditions for a fruitful exchange of ideas to facilitate the learning process.
- Frame the training with clear expectations and learning objectives so that learners understand why they should participate and how it applies to the work they do.
- Be concise.
- Deliver visuals effectively (even when prepared by others) including slides, handouts, charts, and white boards.
- Listen effectively to connect dots and identify common themes.
- Take advantage of the power of story.
- Encourage and control discussions.
- Document discussions using flip charts or white boards.
- Work with scribes and co-facilitators.
- Provide productive learner feedback using the Turpin Communication SORT Coaching Model.
- Manage difficult people and situations.
- Set up and debrief learning activities.
- Ensure that business objectives are met.
Contact Turpin for price information.
About Turpin Communication
Custom Presentation and Facilitation Skills Training for Your Team
Turpin Communication is a business communication training company. We build the skills presenters, meeting facilitators, and trainers need to achieve their goals, work more efficiently, and grow leadership capabilities. Our process is about simplification and personalization. We untangle confusing assumptions,...
Average rating 5Based on 3 reviews
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team