Facilitation Training for Experienced Trainers
Techniques to refresh your skills for maximum learner engagement
Expectations of employee training and adult learning have changed a lot in recent years. As a result, what used to work may not work as well (or at all) anymore. Even experienced trainers need to take a step back to examine old habits and beliefs about adult learning and hone their facilitation skills to maximize learner engagement.
This mastery-level interactive workshop polishes the skills necessary to facilitate adult learning. While working on their real-life training content, participants are asked to examine their training habits and assumptions. Work focuses on gaining self-awareness and taking skills to the next level. This includes presenting content, being efficient in the training room, facilitating group discussion, setting up and debriefing exercises, and providing productive learner feedback.
Throughout the class, participants apply the principles of The Orderly Conversation® to their own real-life training content.
Facilitation Training for Experienced Trainers includes access to eCoach – our program for pre-work and post-workshop performance support. Participants receive reusable job aids and reference materials to help participants apply what they learn in class to situations they face outside of it. All attendees receive a copy of The Orderly Conversation: Business Presentations Redefined.
All Turpin Workshops are highly customized to your organization’s and employees’ specific goals and challenges and can be delivered virtually or on-site.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- United States of America
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for experienced trainers needing to hone their skills.
Successful participants will learn to
- Engage learners in a productive and efficient learning conversation
- Frame the training with clear expectations and learning objectives so that learners understand why they should participate and how it applies to the work they do
- Create the conditions for a fruitful exchange of ideas and facilitate the learning process
- Deliver visuals effectively (even when prepared by others), including slides, handouts, charts, and white boards
- Be concise
- Listen effectively to connect dots and identify common themes
- Take advantage of the power of story
- Encourage and control discussions
- Document discussions using flip charts or white boards
- Work with scribes and co-facilitators
- Manage difficult people and situations
- Set up and debrief learning activities
- Provide productive learner feedback using the Turpin Communication SORT Coaching Model (Self-assessment, Observation, Recommendation, Tied back to goal)
- Ensure that business objectives are met
Course delivery details
Duration: 3 days
Maximum Enrollment: 8
Number of Instructors: 2
Location: Client Site
Contact Turpin for price information.
Why choose Turpin Communication?
Customizable business communication training courses.
Expert communication trainers and coaches.
30+ years of focused communication skills expertise.
Average rating 5
I appreciated all the feedback that you provided and look to continue the growth of my presentation and facilitation skills. Your course was a fantastic learning tool and I def...
Really impressed. Far exceeded my expectations.
Great session - well thought out and planned, great interactive process, feeding off participants and the group leader.
Contact this provider
Custom Presentation and Facilitation Skills Training for Your Team
Turpin Communication is a business communication training company. We build the skills presenters, meeting facilitators, and trainers need to achieve their goals, work more efficiently, and grow leadership capabilities. Our process is about simplification and personalization. We untangle confusing assumptions,...