Working With Apache Hive
Hive is the de-facto standard for data warehousing Hadoop. This course starts with standard Hive setup and operations, continues into Advanced Hive use, discusses performance and execution engines, and ends with a practical workshop.
This course is intended for data scientists and software engineers. It gives them practical level of experience, achieved through a combination of about 50% lecture, 50% lab work.
Who should attend?
Audience: Data Scientists, Developers, Administrators
- Familiarity with SQL
- Be able to navigate Linux command line
- Basic knowledge of command line Linux editors (VI / nano)
- Defining Hive Tables
- SQL Queries over Structured Data
- Filtering / Search
- Aggregations / Ordering
- Text Analytics (Semi-Structured Data)
- Transformation, Aggregation
- Working with Dates, Timestamps, and Arrays
- Converting Strings to Date, Time, and Numbers
- Create new Attributes, Mathematical Calculations, Windowing Functions
- Use Character and String Functions
- Binning and Smoothing
- Processing JSON Data
- Execution Engines (Tez, MR, Spark)
Impala (for Cloudera track)
- Impala joins and other SQL specifics
- Students will work in teams to do this end-to-end workshop
- Setup a data warehouse with Hive
- Query and analyze data with Hive and Spark
- Price: $1,795.00
- Discounted Price: $1,166.75
Why choose Trivera Technologies LLC?
Over 25 years of technology training expertise.
Robust portfolio of over 1,000 leading edge technology courses.
Guaranteed to run courses and flexible learning options.
Contact this provider
Trivera Technologies is a IT education services & courseware firm that offers a range of wide professional technical education services including: end to end IT training development and delivery, skills-based mentoring programs,new hire training and re-skilling services, courseware licensing and...