NEW IN 2022!
Derivatives Markets Go Green: ESG, Emissions Trading & More
The use of environmental, social and governance (“ESG”) derivatives grew more than 30% last year. This previously niche marketplace continues to attract a broader set of market participants driving its growth. It also reinforces the idea that derivatives can play a key role in the advancement of ESG objectives in the financial markets and in the global transition to a green economy.
This IFM course is designed to provide foundational information about ESG markets, government and investor expectations, and what factors are driving growth and product innovation. The training also will demonstrate how this unique type of derivatives can be used to manage the financial risks related to ESG.
Who should attend?
- Futures market professionals, investors, money managers
- Sales and marketing personnel at FCMs
- Staff in trading, risk management and legal departments
- Policymakers at state and federal level
After the course you will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of ESG derivatives products
- Learn about various product structures and transaction types
- Examine examples sustainability-linked derivatives
- Explore offerings in ESG credit derivatives contracts and exchange traded derivatives
- Know the top industry influencers in ESG strategies and product development
And, specifically related to energy and emissions trading, you will:
- Know the role of United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change and relevance of Kyoto, the Paris Accord and most recent COP26 standards
- Understand how the emissions trading program (“Cap and Trade”) works
- Learn about the influences of the EPA and the states in key North American carbon markets
- Become familiar with derivatives market innovations that are advancing the use of renewable energy and renewable fuel derivatives
Course delivery details
Virtual, live instruction for 120 minutes per day on two (2) consecutive days.
$325 per attendee
Group Discount: 10% off any registration with 3+ participants from same organization.
Why choose IFM?
Nonprofit educational foundation founded that offers top-quality education at the lowest cost
Qualified instructors who have real world working experience at major films and regulatory agencies
IFM instructors are passionate to share the knowledge gained from real world working experience at major firms and regulatory bodies
The Institute for Financial Markets (IFM)
Established in 1989, IFM is an nonprofit educational foundation and independent affiliate of the FIA -- the leading global trade organization for the futures, options and centrally cleared derivatives markets. The IFM delivers high-quality education at the lowest price and...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...