This course contains an introduction to the key concepts of cryptography and security engineering. It examines the role of encryption in information security and considers common encryption methods. In addition, the course discusses ciphers, their substitutes, and how they work. Public key infrastructure and management is also covered. This course requires a basic understanding of IT concepts.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
- Understand how cryptography works and its role in information security
- Compare and contrast different ciphers and explain how they work
- Create substitution ciphers and encode and decode cleartext and ciphertext
- Discuss how encryption enables secure transmission of sensitive data
- Explain and compare symmetric and asymmetric cryptography
- Describe the role of public key infrastructure and key management
Course delivery details
Course Access Time: 90 days
Certification / Credits
Credits: 5 CEUs / 5 PDUs / 5 HRCIs / 5 SHRMs
Why choose PME?
Authorized Training Partner by the Project Management Institute
Over 300 instructor-led and online courses in leadership & business management taught by experienced practitioners
Leading provider of Project Management and Agile certifications
Contact this provider
Project Management Experts, LLC
Project Management Experts (PME) is just that, a consortium of project management experts with at least 20 years of experience who have re-directed their careers to improving the project management competency of our clients. Our training classes focus on building...