Primavera P6 Advanced Rel 15 - In House
This course provides hands-on experience with advanced resource management and project management in P6, Primavera's Web-based project management application.
Topics include: creating resource teams and role teams, high-level resource planning, resource leveling, viewing and analyzing portfolio performance, assessing return on investment, capacity planning and waterline analysis, and earned value analysis
This course is offered in partnership with SAR Systems, an Oracle Univeristy-accredited training provider.
Upcoming start dates
Who should attend?
This course is best suited to project managers, project planners and schedulers, business analysts, end users and functional implementers.
Participants should have completed a project management fundamentals course such as our Project Management Essentials, or equivalent.
Creating Resource Teams and Role Teams
- View the Open Requests for Resources portlet.
- View the Resource Team Summary portlet.
Viewing Portfolio Performance
- Review performance thresholds.
- Use earned value analysis
Viewing Portfolio Information
- View data in the Gantt Chart
- View return on investment data
- View the Capacity Planning page
- Create a scenario
- View waterline analysis
- Create a portfolio view
High-Level Resource Planning
- Using Committed and Life of Project assignments
- Assign resources and roles
- Grouping data on the Assignments page
- Using the Resource Usage tab to analyze units and costs
Staffing Resource Requests
- Use resource search
- Assign leveling priorities
- Set leveling options
- Scheduling logic options
- Multiple float paths
Certification / Credits
During this workshop, you will learn to:
- Use advanced scheduling techniques.
- Conduct waterline analysis.
- View return on investment data.
- Assess portfolio performance.
- Create resource teams and role teams.
- Staff resource requests.Use resource leveling.
- Use high-level resource planning.
- Create a Portfolio
- View portfolio performance
- Use high-level resource planning
Contact this provider
Procept Associates Ltd.
Since 1963, Procept (and its subsidiaries) have trained over 1 million people from over 17,000 organizations. We focus on developing competencies in project management, change management, agile management, leadership, business analysis, IT and data management, as well as soft skill...