PMI-ACP® Exam Preparation Or Certified Agile Project Manager - In House
Whether in government or private industry, project managers face a huge challenge when confronted with continually changing requirements. How can you plan when the things keep changing? Traditional project management approaches suggest that we take a snapshot of the requirements as a baseline, and then use change control in an attempt to minimize the impact of any shifting requirements. Sometimes, however, these changes are a reality that the project sponsor has to accommodate. The new agile project management methods help deal with these situations.
Participants in this 3-day session will learn the techniques of disciplined, structured agile project management through simulations and examples from real-world projects that used these methods to control changing requirements.
This course is designed to meet the educational requirements for four certification exams: the PMI® Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, the Scrum Developer Certification (SDC), the Scrum Master Certification (SMC). and the Certified Agile Project Manager (Cert.APM) exams.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
Who should attend?
The Agile Project Management course introduces some advanced variations on basic project management practices. While anyone can attend, project managers with some experience managing IT projects or new product development projects will find the material more applicable to their day-to-day work.
Although there is no formal pre-requisite for this course, it is assumed that participants already have some training or experience in project management. This course does not teach the fundamentals of project management; rather, it explains how agile practices are different from more conventional practices -- it does not teach the conventional practices. If applicants already have their CAPM®, PMP® or CPMA (IPMA Level-D), then they have more than demonstrated their basic understanding of project management and would be ready to take this course. For those with no prior project management knowledge or experience, Procept's 3-day Project Management Essentials course (or equivalent) would provide suitable preparatory training.
- The Evolution of Systems Development Lifecycles (SDLCs)
- Iterative and Incremental Development
- The Agile Philosophy
- Agile Team and Project Characteristics
- Scrum Overview
- Lean Development Overview
- Feature-Driven Development Overview
- Extreme Programming Overview
- Agile Requirements Management
- Agile Documentation
- Agile Planning & Estimating
- Agile Change Management
- Negotiating with Stakeholders
- Metrics and Project Control
- Test-Driven Development
- PMI-ACP® Examination Tips
Certification / Credits
Credits: 21 PDUs/CEUs
To provide experienced project managers with advanced understanding of:
- the principles and techniques of disciplined, structured agile project management (including agile estimating and planning, agile metrics and forecasting, and agile quality management)
- how to identify situations where agile techniques may add value
- how to begin applying the techniques to reduce overall project risk on high change projects.
Contact this provider
Procept Associates Ltd.
Since 1963, Procept (and its subsidiaries) have trained over 1 million people from over 17,000 organizations. We focus on developing competencies in project management, change management, agile management, leadership, business analysis, IT and data management, as well as soft skill...