In Power Transformer Testing, you'll learn ...
- Testing to assess a transformer’s windings condition
- Testing to verify nameplate ratio, polarity, and vectors
- Testing to determine if deformation of the core and coils has taken place
- Testing to check the transformer winding DC resistance
Credit: 2 PDH
Length: 28 pages
Transformers may be tested using AC or DC voltage. AC voltage is preferable to DC voltage for transformer testing because AC voltage simulates the internal stress that the transformers face during operating conditions.
This course is suitable for electrical engineers with a desire to understand different transformer testing procedures. The course also includes details on online condition monitoring assessment of transformers and online monitoring of bushings and lightning arresters. Upon successful completion of this course you will be able to understand different transformer testing procedures and specific procedures that need to be completed before a transformer is put into service.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Certificate of Completion
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a multiple-choice quiz consisting of 18 questions. PDH credits are not awarded until the course is completed and quiz is passed.
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Transformer routine tests including IR, AC or DC hi-pot, Insulation PF, TTR, Polarity, Excitation current tests etc.
- Online transformer monitoring process
- Online monitoring of bushings and lightning arresters
Why choose PDHengineer?
Trusted by over 60,000 engineers to meet PDH requirements
Earn reward tokens with each course purchase
Triple guarantee that courses will be accepted by your state licensing board
Contact this provider
Professional Engineers have trusted PDHengineer to provide high-quality PDH courses since 2003. A large library of PDH courses and live, interactive webinars means that engineers can find PDH course material covering all of the major engineering disciplines. Plus, all PDHengineer...