In Power Cable Testing, you'll learn ...
- The various mechanisms that can cause a power cable to fail
- Nondestructive field diagnostic testing methods for existing power cables
- Acceptance proof testing of newly installed cables
- Features and characteristics of various destructive and nondestructive cable testing methods
Credit: 3 PDH
Length: 37 pages
This course discusses various power cable testing procedures, cable failures and their analysis, insulation and conductor defects, field testing of medium voltage cables and different cable testing methods.
This course is suitable for electrical engineers with a desire to understand the fundamentals of power cable testing. The course covers issues related to different failure types such as mechanical failures, overheating, chemical actions, etc. and ways to mitigate failures such that service interruption time is minimized.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Certificate of Completion
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a multiple-choice quiz consisting of 30 questions. PDH credits are not awarded until the course is completed and quiz is passed.
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Cable visual inspection
- Cable failures and their analysis
- Heating of cables
- Conductor and insulation defects
- Field testing of medium voltage cables
- Cable testing methods
Why choose PDHengineer?
Trusted by over 60,000 engineers to meet PDH requirements
Earn reward tokens with each course purchase
Triple guarantee that courses will be accepted by your state licensing board
Contact this provider
Professional Engineers have trusted PDHengineer to provide high-quality PDH courses since 2003. A large library of PDH courses and live, interactive webinars means that engineers can find PDH course material covering all of the major engineering disciplines. Plus, all PDHengineer...