Understanding Personal Cash Flow
Learn to analyze complex personal financial statements and personal tax returns in order to evaluate a borrower's financial condition and cash flow available to service debt.
Participants learn to categorize and evaluate assets, verify liabilities, evaluate contingent liabilities, adjust the borrower's personal financial statement to reflect the lender's more-realistic valuations, and assess the overall financial health of the borrower. Then, participants learn to use a personal tax return and related K-1s to locate the borrower's true cash inflows and outflows, and eliminate the noncash passthroughs that can cloud their evaluation of cash flow.
After participants successfully complete the eLearning course they're eligible to attend the Understanding Personal Cash Flow: Skills Application Lab to practice and reinforce skills learned during eLearning.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Assess personal financial statement components and identify assets that could serve as collateral
- Adjust the balance sheet to more accurately portray the customer's liquidity, leverage, and net worth
- Evaluate personal tax returns and K-1s to determine cash, non-cash, and pass-through items
- Improve credit quality and reduce risks in transactions with high-net-worth individuals and business owners
Upcoming start dates
Contact for info
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Anyone who needs to understand the various components of complex personal financial statements and tax returns, including private bankers, wealth managers, personal bankers, underwriters, and any business lenders dealing with high-net-worth guarantors.
- Personal Financial Statement Analysis
- Personal Tax Return Analysis
Since 1976, Omega Performance has been the training partner of choice for financial service organizations worldwide, from community-based credit unions to international banks. Our clients choose our solutions because they are flexible, scalable, and—most importantly—effective. Whether you’re seeking training for...