Commercial Loans to Small Business
Learn to use the Decision Strategy™ to analyze small business opportunities, including industry, management, business and guarantor financial condition and cash flow, and to structure a loan that skillfully mitigates risk with businesses that earn less than $15 million in annual revenue.
This risk assessment-focused training solution begins with a comprehensive, seven-module eLearning course that first examines the asset conversation cycle and the different ways it unfolds at manufacturing, wholesaling, retail, and service businesses.
Learners explore potential borrowing causes, so they're able to identify the underlying factors driving a business's need to borrow. They also learn how to identify and evaluate risks inherent to the client's industry, and perform an in-depth analysis of management and its strategies and goals. Evaluation of a business's financial condition incorporates both business and personal financial statements and tax returns and focuses on the often-close relationship between a small business's finances and the owner's personal finances.
After participants successfully complete the eLearning course they're eligible to attend the Commercial Loans to Small Business: Skills Application Lab to practice and reinforce skills learned during eLearning.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Improve relationships with small business owners through an informed understanding of their businesses
- Increase lending efficiency and competence by applying the Decision Strategy™
- Determine the business borrowing need and match it to the appropriate loan structure and support
- Assess industry risk, management quality, and the effectiveness of company strategies nad goals
- Analyze financial statement trends, ratios, cash flow, and projections to evaluate repayment capacity
Upcoming start dates
Contact for info
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Anyone with small business lending responsibilities, including lenders, credit underwriters, loan reviewers, and branch managers.
- Assessing the Opportunity
- Identifying the Borrowing Causes
- Assessing Business, Industry, and Management Risk
- Analyzing Business Financial Statements
- Analyzing Personal Financial Statements
- Analyzing Cash Flow and Projections
- Structuring the Loan
Since 1976, Omega Performance has been the training partner of choice for financial service organizations worldwide, from community-based credit unions to international banks. Our clients choose our solutions because they are flexible, scalable, and—most importantly—effective. Whether you’re seeking training for...