Risk Adjustment Documentation and Coding Certification Course
This self-paced Risk Adjustment Documentation & Coding Certification course is ideal for those who work best at their own pace. Though the modules are self-guided, there are instructors standing by to answers questions via phone or email in case you need help or clarification.
Included in the course, is the Registered Risk Adjustment Coder (RRC) Exam and RRC Credential. When it comes to Risk Adjustment Coding courses, the nationally-recognized Registered Risk Adjustment Coder (RRC) credential is the certification that employers hold to a higher standard. The RRC certification is authorized through the State of GA Nonpublic Postsecondary Education Commission (GNPEC), which requires an annual update exam on the current year’s coding changes (also administered online and included in the annual renewal fee)
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
At MMI, we want to make sure that you have a successful learning experience, which is why in order to sign up for the Risk Adjustment Documentation and Coding (RRC) certification and training, you must have previous experience as a medical coder.
This course is broken down into the following sections:
- Introduction to Risk Adjustment Coding
- Module 1: Biomedical
- Module 2: Risk Adjustment Models/Payment Methodology
- Module 3: Diagnostic Coding
- Module 4: Clinical Documentation Improvement
- Module 5: Medical Record Deficiencies
- Module 6: Quality of Care (HEDIS, STAR Rating)
- Module 7: Compliance & Regulatory
- Module 8: Production & Quality Management
- Case Studies: Test your knowledge with 20 real world case studies
- RRC Final Exam (2 attempts) – Conducted Online
Certification / Credits
The nationally-recognized RRC Risk Adjustment Documentation and Coding certification training program is designed to prepare students to test for the Registered Risk Coder (RRC) certification exam through ARHCP. This training specifically covers:
- Comprehend Medicare Parts and how risk adjustment applies to each section.
- Distinguish how coding impacts the larger health plan organization from a financial context
- Understand the hierarchy categories and the mechanics of applying those hierarchy guidelines
- Uncover health care program types that use Risk Adjustment for payments
- Decode data collection procedures and enrollee characteristics
- Review community and disease factors and adjustments that affect risk adjustment payments
- Understand predictive modeling
- Learn documentation and coding guidelines for HCC code review
- Recognize the differences between inpatient and outpatient documentation and diagnostic data
- Identify acceptable provider types medical record requirements, medical record deficiencies
- Understand the use of the MEAT acronym for diagnosis capture
- Understand how to navigate RADV audit results to reduce future risks
- Navigate hierarchy of documentation of diseases and guideline review
- Understand HCC categories and how to calculate your RAF score
- Practice HCC coding with mock medical record examples
Why choose MMI?
Founded in 1986
Over 4000 certified alumni since 2000
Tens of thousands of CEU course attendees since founding
Contact this provider
Medical Management Institute
MMI has a 30+ year history in distance learning and certifications for business professionals in the healthcare industry. The Institute offers 6 certifications for: medical coders (including 2 specialized certifications for E/M coding and HCC risk-adjustment coding), billers, internal auditors,...