Modular Construction on Large Industrial, Commercial and Multi-Family Projects: This Ain't Your Father's Stick-Built Job
Understand the practical, commercial, and legal issues unique to modular construction. Some say modular construction—where key sections of large industrial, commercial and multi-family projects are built remotely and transported to the site for erection and assembly--is the wave of the future. They insist that modular construction is the key to increased labor productivity, lower labor cost, shorter schedules, improved quality, fewer weather impacts, tax benefits, lower financing costs and greater environmental sustainability, to name a few. What could possibly go wrong? Plenty. Engineering, scheduling, coordination and skill requirements for a successful modular construction project are often different than those for a stick-built job. Legal, regulatory and insurance requirements are different. Modular construction can bring substantial profits to the prepared and significant punishment for the unwary. Learn the practical, commercial and legal issues unique to modular construction on large industrial, commercial and multi-family projects. Learn how traditional construction is the same, how it differs from modular construction, and what you should be planning to do to make your large modular project a success.
Who should attend?
- The Benefits of Modular Construction on Large Industrial, Commercial and Multi-Family Projects
- Better Quality Control, Shorter Schedule, Improved Productivity
- Labor Cost and Skilled Labor Availability
- Improved Safety, Decreased Site Congestion
- Financing Cost, Tax Benefits and SustainabilityRisks in Modular Construction
- Early Engineering, Additional Engineering and Design Freeze
- Handling, Freight and Shipping Restrictions
- Just-In-Time Delivery and Site Coordination-What If the Wheels Come off?
- Resistance to Change, Stretching Beyond Core Competencies…and UnionsLaws and Regulations: What's the Same and What's Completely Different?
- Licensing, Permits and Building Codes
- Safety Requirements
- The Uniform Commercial Code: Gaps in Your Contract Filled in Unexpected Ways?
- Product Liability--Here Come the Lawyers?
- Insurance: It Ain't the Same
- Liens: Who Can File ‘Em, Who Can't
- Statutes of Limitations and of Repose: When Is the Builder off the Hook?Lessons Learned and Key Takeaways
Contact this provider
Lorman Education Services - Live and On-Demand Courses
Lorman Education Services is a leading provider of online professional development and corporate training for organizations and individual professionals. For more than 30 years, Lorman has delivered relevant, high-quality, professional-level courses that cover a broad range of business and technical...