Construction Project Time Extensions - Get Your Request Approved
Know what to include in a time extension request and how to make it persuasive.
Time is money. Every project is delayed at one point or another. Time extension requests are the contractor’s opportunity to obtain additional time and sometimes additional general condition costs for events that are outside of its control. Often contractors are not equipped to prepare and submit a time extension request that will demonstrate its entitlement to additional time and additional general condition costs.
This material will instruct you how to prepare a persuasive time extension request, and more importantly, what to do and include in that request to get it approved! Not only does a request need to meet the contractual requirements imposed by owners, but it also must be a persuasive case for why the contractor is entitled to recover. The best way to do this is to specifically include the following three elements in the request: entitlement, impact, and costs. If a contractor can adequately show that it is entitled by contract to a time extension, that it was impacted to an extent that a time extension is due, and that it incurred costs caused by the impact, a contractor can often be successful in getting its request approved.
Who should attend?
This live webinar is designed for
- construction and project managers
- vice presidents
- human resource managers
- architects and engineers.
Understand CPM Scheduling and Time Extension Basic
- What Is the Critical Path?
- What Is a Time Impact Analysis?
- What Is a Fragnet?
Understanding Your Time Extension Provision
- What Schedule Analysis Method Is Required?
- What Is Your Notice Requirement?
Preparing a Persuasive Time Extension Submission
- Rely on and Refer to the Contract
- Describe the Delay Event
- Calculate the Delay
- Calculate Your Delay-Related Costs
Certification / Credits
- You will be able to describe what a fragnet is.
- You will be able to identify how your contract specifies how to calculate a critical path delay.
- You will be able to recognize how to perform a time impact analysis.
- You will be able to explain delay-related costs.
Contact this provider
Lorman Education Services - Live and On-Demand Courses
Lorman Education Services is a leading provider of online professional development and corporate training for organizations and individual professionals. For more than 30 years, Lorman has delivered relevant, high-quality, professional-level courses that cover a broad range of business and technical...