Financial Development for Non-Financial ManagersLondon Corporate Training
Financial Development for Non-Financial Managers
All available course dates
This provider offers an online version of their classroom courses
This provider has changed its terms and conditions to allow for rebooking/an amended cancellation policy in light of COVID-19
Key Financial Concepts and Principles
- Bookkeeping versus accounting
- Cash accounting versus accrual accounting and use in private and public sectors
- Types of accounts in the General Ledger, their purpose and the chart of accounts
- Double-entry bookkeeping concepts and implications
- Depreciation and amortisation
Reading Financial Statements, Public and Private Sector
- International standards in the private and public sectors, IFRS and IPSAS
- Format and content of the statement of financial position (balance sheet)
- Format and content of the statement of profit or loss
- IPSAS principles of financial statements presentation for the public sector
- Investor ratios
- Financial accounting and management accounting compared
- Types of management information prepared for internal consumption
- Financial information managers need to manage – the power of comparisons
- Analysing costs, key ratio calculations for management and variance analysis, including ROE, ROA and liquidity ratios
Managing the Finances and Costs of Projects.
- Financial aspects of building the business case and getting approval for funding
- Estimating project costs – different estimating techniques, expert, analogous, parametric, bottom up etc.
- Project forecasts, cost variances and cost control
- Project risks and financial implications
Building an Effective Budget
- Public sector v. Private sector budgeting differences in purpose, processes and motive.
- Budgetary methodologies, incremental and zero-based
- Budget and variance analysis
- End of week quiz to appraise learning achieved.
Please contact us for more information on pricing.
Why choose London Corporate Training?
We have trained over 2,500 delegates from almost 600 client organisations
Complimentary Heathrow transfer (one-way)
Endorsed by various organisational and subject specific accrediting bodies
About London Corporate Training
London Corporate Training (LCT)
London Corporate Training have been established in the education, consulting and training industries for two decades. They work as a training team from their head office in London and aim to ensure all of their course participants receive the highest...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team