Diploma in Chartering Business
Our Chartering Business Diploma Course Will Deepen Your Knowledge of All the Aspects of Chartering
Gain a comprehensive and practical understanding of the chartering business analytics
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
- Shipping company personnel
- Vessel based crew
- Government advisors
- Port officials
- Marine Surveyors
- Finance and investing professionals
- Introduction to the Business of Chartering
- Operational Aspects of Chartering
- Financial Aspects of Chartering
- Commercial Aspects of Chartering
- Contractual Aspects of Chartering - Charterparties
- Contractual Aspects of Chartering - Bills of Lading
- Legal Aspects of Chartering
- Economic Aspects of Chartering - Voyage Estimations
- Economic Aspects of Chartering - Laytime Calculations
- Managerial Aspects of Chartering
- Case Study
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Discuss chartering terminology and the crucial role of charterparties and bills of lading in carriage of goods by sea.
- Explain the commercial and operational background to the chartering business on a general economic, pre-fixture, fixture and post-fixture basis.
- Discuss chartering negotiations, the risks and liabilities arising from chartering vessels and innovative commercial management techniques.
- Explain the obligations and rights of shipowners and charterers in different types of charter, and perform critical chartering calculations.
- Interpret psychology and buying behaviour of charterers and shippers, appraise the chartering policy of shipowners and appreciate the role of shipping marketing in the improvement of chartering policy.
Contact this provider
Lloyd's Maritime Academy
Lloyd’s Maritime Academy was born from Lloyd’s List. Lloyd’s Maritime Academy is the trusted brand for professional development, working with leading academic and industry bodies to provide accredited education and training where it is much needed.We are stepping up investment...