Project Management for TrainersLangevin Learning Services Inc.
Project Management for Trainers
All available course dates
Project Management for Trainers
This process-driven Project Management for Trainers (train-the-trainer) workshop is founded on the key principles of project management. However, we’ve specifically adapted it for the field of corporate and organizational training. It gives you a structured method for professionally managing all aspects of a training project. You’ll explore the entire life cycle of a project from defining the scope and objectives to preparing a report of lessons learned.
This workshop is also available as on-site/company specific. For programs held or attended in Canada, listed prices will be charged in CAD. Please contact Langevin for more details.
In light of COVID-19, this provider is now delivering some or all of their courses online. Contact them for more information!
Who should attend?
For all training professionals who want a structured method for managing training projects.
- Identify the project scope.
- Define the project objective.
- Determine the project priorities.
- Identify project tasks.
- Estimate time required to complete the project.
- Identify staff skills and availability.
- Assign staff to project tasks.
- Chart a project schedule.
- Select outside vendors for appropriate tasks.
- Supervise development of the project.
- Write project status reports.
- Organize effective meetings.
- Resolve differences between project team members.
- Document lessons learned.
What you will learn
- 6 key elements of a training project.
- How to organize and manage the project’s infrastructure.
- The right questions to ask when launching a new project.
- How to define and verify the objective.
- How to get and keep the support of top management.
- Tips for brokering support from key players.
- How to manage priorities among other projects and tasks.
- How to track the progress of a project.
- How to establish solid control of your projects.
- How to identify the tasks required in a training project.
- Proven tricks of the trade in estimating task duration.
- How to avoid the 5 common pitfalls in time estimation.
- How to identify and assign staff to the project.
- How to create a schedule that optimizes time and resources.
- Tips for balancing the workload of your team.
- How to analyze and manage potential project risks.
- How to assess the need to contract out.
- How to assess, evaluate, and compare vendor proposals.
- Simple yet effective ways to keep your project flowing smoothly.
- How to gather information on project status.
- How to handle planning deviations early, before they get out of hand.
- A results-oriented method of presenting the facts to upper management.
- How to build group cohesiveness through team-building.
- When to call meetings (and when not to).
- A 10-step action plan for brief yet informative staff meetings.
- 4 ways of being a good “Project Coach.”
- How to be an effective mediator and problem-solver.
- The 5 phases of mutual gain problem solving.
- How to handle difficult team members.
- How to monitor all phases of the project.
- How to set up a project evaluation system.
- How to effectively record the lessons learned in a project.
- How to identify and record what went right.
- How to analyze the areas that need improvement.
- Techniques that will inspire the next training project.
Why choose Langevin Learning Services Inc.?
35+ years helping learning professionals achieve success in their careers
20,000+ people have achieved Langevin's professional trainer certification
82% of Fortune 500 companies send their trainers to Langevin
About Langevin Learning Services Inc.
Langevin Learning Services Inc.
For more than 35 years, Langevin has been a provider of highly renowned workshops, professional certifications, and products for trainers and business professionals. They are committed to providing practical, real-world, performance-based workshops and products guaranteed to set you up for...
Average rating 5Based on 2 reviews
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...
1,799 USD-2,399 USD