Essentials of Internal Audit
Why you should attend
- This course covers everything you need to know as a newcomer to Internal Audit regarding the most up to date audit practices.
- If you have staff who are new to Internal Audit you will want them to learn the best audit practices and be able to apply them efficiently.
- The course will introduce you to the worldwide best practice and how to apply it
- Maybe you have auditors who are returning to the function, or staff who are to be seconded to you for a period of time? You will want them to learn about the changing role of the audit function.
- Perhaps you work in a line function with responsibility for providing assurance to the board and need a fuller understanding of the internal audit role.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- Virtual Classroom
Who should attend?
Who should attend
- Newcomers to internal audit and those with less than 2 years experience.
- Personnel returning to internal audit after a number of years
- Established auditors who need practical guidance on the changing role of the function
- Personnel from other assurance functions
Day 1: The internal audit role
- What is Internal Audit?
- Audit Skills
- The Internal Audit Role
- Audit assignment planning
- The audit in practice
- Audit testing
Day 2: Delivering an audit assignment
- Audit tools and measures
- The Audit Report
- How to write an effective report
- Getting commitment to action
Course delivery details
- This is a basic level course and participants are not required to have any previous experience in Internal Audit to attend
- No advance preparation is required
- Delivery method – On-line-live (with exercises and role-plays to simulate audit scenarios and situations that new auditors will encounter)
- The course will consist of three 1.5 hour sessions each day.
Course fee: GBP 350 (US$ 500) which includes comprehensive course materials.
Certification / Credits
Business Risk Management Ltd is a certified training provider and participants will earn 10 CPE credits in the Auditing field of study.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Apply the theory and practice of modern internal audit
- Comply with the key aspects of the IIA professional standards
- Plan audit assignments effectively
- Work with other assurance providers to coordinate your efforts
- Develop testing plans to ensure optimum coverage
- Plan pre-meetings, audit interviews and clearance meetings with confidence
- Recognise the key steps to audit independence
- Write efficient and effective audit reports
Innoverto – Training, Consulting & Events to take your vision higher
Innoverto has been providing executive training programs both as open enrollment courses and customized in-house courses all over the world for over a decade. Top leaders choose Innoverto for their training requirements. The courses are developed by experts in their...