PGDip/LLM in International Maritime Law
Learn international trade and maritime law and understand how commercial trade ventures may give rise to legal issues
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
- Module 1 - International Trade Law: An Introduction to English Commercial Law and International Sales
- Module 2 - Bills of Lading Contracts
- Module 3 - Charterparty Contracts
- Module 4 - Marine Insurance Law
- Module 5 - Admiralty Law and General Average
- Module 6 - Payment and Finance for International Trade
- Module 7 - Litigation, Arbitration and Mediation
- Module 8 - Conflicts of Laws and Forum Shopping
- Specialist Module A - Ship Finance Law
- Specialist Module B - Oil and Chemical Pollution
- Specialist Module C - European Union Competition Law in Shipping
- Specialist Module D - the Four Pillars of Maritime Regulation
Course delivery details
How you'll learn
- Postgraduate Diploma: 16 month programme with an Introductory module, 8 core modules and 4 specialist modules, all compulsory elements of the programme. There are five assignments and a final examination.
- LLM: 10 month programme delivered via digital learning. You will study the Research in Business Law module and a Dissertation.
Book on or before 1st July 2022
- Postgraduate Diploma in International Maritime Law: £6,500 / US $8,775
- Full LLM in International Maritime Law: £11,150 / US $15,055
- LLM Continuation in International Maritime Law: £5,400 / US $7,290
Book after 1st July 2022
- Postgraduate Diploma in International Maritime Law: £6,900 / US $9,315
- Full LLM in International Maritime Law: £11,950 / US $16,135
- LLM Continuation in International Maritime Law: £5,800 / US $7,830
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
English law is recognised internationally as a dominant legal system providing the basis for maritime and trade contracts, with London as the single most important forum for settling disputes, both through court litigation and arbitration.
This Program of study will develop your:
- Academic knowledge and awareness of international trade and maritime law,
- Increase your understanding of how commercial trade ventures may give rise to legal issues
- To allow students develop an advanced understanding of an aspect of International Maritime Law
- To further students’ understanding of the interrelation between legal research and an understanding of the rationale and limitations of International Maritime Law;
- To offer the Program in a mode of study that accommodates students’ other commitments and career development.
Contact this provider
We are part of the Informa Connect division of Informa PLC, a FTSE 100 company with a network of Internationally respected brands that connect specialists through events, training, intelligence and scholarly publishing. Our purpose is to connect our customers to...