HIPAA Compliance - What, When & How
HIPAA compliance involves not only ensuring you provide the appropriate patient rights and controls on uses and disclosures of protected health information, but each organization must have the proper policies, procedures and technology in place. This starts with understanding the fundamentals of HIPAA compliance and how it impacts IT and how compliance is currently changing.
- Understand and differentiate between PHI and PII
- Understand the HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules in-depth
- Discuss HIPAA compliance red flags
- Discuss tips for HIPAA compliance audits
Who should attend?
Auditors and professionals wanting a deeper understanding of HIPAA standards, complying with them and key audit risks and red flags. (NASBA Field of Study: Auditing).
- HIPAA Overview
- What is HIPAA?
- Who is subject to HIPAA?
- Information Protection
- Protected Health Information (PHI)
- Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
- HIPAA Privacy Rule
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Reasonable Safeguards
- Using PHI for Marketing
- HIPAA Security Rule
- Administrative Safeguards
- Physical Safeguards
- Technical Safeguards
- Handling PHI
- Security Breach
- PHI Rights of Individuals
- Enforcement of HIPAA
- HIPAA Compliance Red Flags
- Tips for HIPAA Compliance Audits
Request information to learn the cost of this course.
GoldSRD is a leading provider of high-quality, interactive professional development. We have over 200 full-day courses on technical capabilities (Internal Audit, Accounting, Finance, IT Audit and Microsoft-Office specific courses) and People-Centric (“soft”) skills. Our Founder, Danny M. Goldberg, is a...
Find out more about this HIPAA Compliance - What, When & How course by simply filling out your details:
No reviews available
LOOKING FOR TRAINING?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team