Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Audit Report Writing
Audit Reports can significantly lose their effect if not written professionally. Writing an audit report is a fine art and, once perfected, can take on more importance than the audit itself. In this eight-hour course, attendees will learn, in-depth, about each component of an audit report and how to set the correct tense and clarity to gain the most effectiveness.
- Overview of best practices in effective writing techniques, including effective word usage and what emotional words not to use
- Best practices in formatting of audit reports, including depth and length
- Learn how to write an executive summary that has impact and is read by executives
Who should attend?
Financial, Operational, and Information Technology Auditors who would like to maximize the effectiveness of their audit reports (NASBA Field of Study: Auditing).
- Introduction and Background
- Auditor Guidance
- IIA IPPF/Yellow Book
- Why Write an Audit Report?
- Audit Report Structure
- Executive Summary
- Executive Summary
- Audit Summary
- Audit Objectives
- Audit Scope
- Overall Report Ratings
- Standards Conformance Statement
- Observation Components
- Action plans
- Other Sections of Audit Observations
- Report Optimization
- Verb Tenses
- Voice Tense
- Emotional Words Not to Use
- Spelling and Grammar
- 10 Common Mistakes that are not Caught in Spell Check
- Report Review and Writer’s Block
- Three Levels of Review
- Summary and Wrap-Up
Request information to learn the cost of this course.
GoldSRD is a leading provider of high-quality, interactive professional development. We have over 170 full-day courses on Internal Audit, Accounting, Finance, IT Audit and People-Centric (“soft skills”). Our Founder, Danny M. Goldberg, is a former chief auditor with over 21...
Find out more about this Audit Report Writing course by simply filling out your details:
No reviews available
LOOKING FOR TRAINING?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team