Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.5]Global Knowledge
VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.5]
In this course, you will learn how to install, configure, and manage VMware vSphere 6.5, which includes VMware ESXi 6.5 and VMware vCenter Server 6.5. You will learn how to administer a vSphere infrastructure for all sizes of organizations. It is the foundation for most other VMware technologies in the software-defined data center.
Students will have access to 30 additional lab credits for up to 30 days, beginning on the last day of class.
Note: If you purchase the self-paced version of this course, you will receive a free exam voucher.
Who should attend?
- System administrators
- System engineers
- Software-defined data center
- vSphere components and their function in the infrastructure
- Deploy an ESXi host
- Deploy VMware vCenter Server Appliance
- Use a local content library as an ISO store and deploy a virtual machine
- vCenter Server architecture
- Use vCenter Server to manage an ESXi host
- Configure and manage vSphere infrastructure with VMware vSphere Client and VMware vSphere Web Client
- Virtual networks with vSphere standard switches
- Configure standard switch policies
- Use vCenter Server to manage various types of host storage: VMware vSphere VMFS, NFS, virtual SAN, Fibre Channel, and VMware Virtual SAN
- Manage virtual machines, templates, clones, and snapshots
- Create, clone, and export a vApp
- Use the content library
- Migrate virtual machines with VMware vSphere vMotion
- Use VMware vSphere Storage vMotion to migrate virtual machine storage
- Monitor resource usage and manage resource pools
- Use esxtop to identify and solve performance issues
- VMware vSphere High Availability cluster architecture
- Configure vSphere HA
- Manage vSphere HA and VMware vSphere Fault Tolerance
- Use VMware vSphere Replication and VMware vSphere Data Protection to replicate virtual machines and perform data recovery
- Use VMware vSphere Distributed Resource Scheduler clusters to improve host scalability
- Use VMware vSphere Update Manager to apply patches and perform basic troubleshooting of ESXi hosts, virtual machines, and vCenter Server operations
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT training and learning services. We empower organizations, teams and individuals with the skills and best practices necessary to leverage the technologies to deliver the intended business outcomes driving every project. Whether you’re...