Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
VMware vSphere: Fast Track [V6.5]
In this course, you will learn how to install, configure, manage, and troubleshoot VMware vSphere 6.5, which includes VMware ESXi 6.5 and VMware vCenter Server 6.5. This course prepares you to administer a vSphere infrastructure for an organization of any size. It is the foundation for most other VMware technologies in the software-defined data center. The material is presented in the “fast track” format.
Who should attend?
System administration experience on Microsoft Windows or Linux operating systems is required.
Who Should Attend:
- System administrators
- System engineers
- Describe the software-defined data center
- Explain the vSphere components and their function in the infrastructure
- Deploy an ESXi host
- Deploy VMware vCenter® Server Appliance™
- Use a local content library as an ISO store and deploy a virtual machine
- Describe vCenter Server architecture
- Use vCenter Server to manage an ESXi host
- Configure and manage vSphere infrastructure with VMware Host Client™ and VMware vSphere® Web Client
- Troubleshoot vSphere environments with VMware vSphere® Management Assistant and command-line commands
- Describe virtual networks with vSphere standard switches
- Configure standard switch policies
- Troubleshoot virtual networks
- Use vCenter Server to manage various types of host storage: VMware vSphere® VMFS, NFS, iSCSI, and RDM
- Examine the features and functions of Fibre Channel and VMware vSAN™
- Manage virtual machines, templates, clones, and snapshots
- Create, clone, and deploy a vApp
- Describe and use the content library
- Migrate virtual machines with VMware vSphere® vMotion®
- Troubleshoot virtual machines
- Use VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion® to migrate virtual machine storage
- Troubleshoot vSphere storage
- Monitor resource usage and manage resource pools
- Use esxtop to identify and solve performance issues
- Troubleshoot ESXi hosts and vCenter Server
- Discuss the VMware vSphere® High Availability cluster architecture
- Configure vSphere HA
- Manage vSphere HA and VMware vSphere® Fault Tolerance
- Troubleshoot vSphere HA
- Use VMware vSphere® Replication™ and VMware vSphere® Data Protection™ to replicate virtual machines and perform data recovery
- Use VMware vSphere® Distributed Resource Scheduler™ clusters to improve host scalability
- Troubleshoot vSphere DRS clusters
- Use VMware vSphere® Update Manager™ to apply patches and perform basic troubleshooting of ESXi hosts, virtual machines, and vCenter Server operations
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT training and learning services. We empower organizations, teams and individuals with the skills and best practices necessary to leverage the technologies to deliver the intended business outcomes driving every project. Whether you’re...
Find out more about this VMware vSphere: Fast Track [V6.5] course by simply filling out your details:
No reviews available
LOOKING FOR TRAINING?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team