Telehealth: Strategy, Implementation, and Optimization
Earn an official certificate of professional achievement from Stanford University.
Equip yourself to drive telehealth implementation and improve healthcare access
Who should attend?
This online short course is for you if you want to:
- Understand the organizational factors of utilizing telehealth and develop strategies for implementation
- Motivate your organization to embrace the benefits and opportunities of telehealth services
- Gain the tools and techniques to lead telehealth deployment and improvement
Over the duration of this online short course you’ll work through the following modules:
The role of telehealth in an evolving world
Learn about telehealth and its contemporary challenges and opportunities.
Telehealth technology: Requirements and considerations
Explore considerations and approaches for incorporating telehealth-specific technologies into healthcare practice.
Practice considerations and workflow planning
Map an organization’s telehealth patient care journey to improve the patient experience.
Organizational considerations: Workforce management and training
Explore how to organize and train the workforce to successfully implement and support the patient care journey.
Billing, reimbursement, and legal considerations
Learn about the legal considerations relating to telehealth and general best practices in terms of billing and reimbursement.
Accessibility, equity, and special populations
Explore how telehealth can simultaneously create and remove barriers to healthcare accessibility and how these issues can be overcome.
Course delivery details
- 6 weeks Excluding orientation
- 6–8 hours per week Self-paced learning online
Certification / Credits
In support of improving patient care, Stanford Medicine is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
On completion of this course, you'll walk away with:
- Insights into the strategic considerations and best-practice approaches for driving telehealth in an evolving technological landscape.
- An understanding of the clinical, operational, financial, and legal needs of telehealth solutions, and how to use technology for improved healthcare access.
- The ability to identify the risks and barriers to telehealth delivery, while embracing its opportunities.
- Knowledge of how to empower your organization to successfully implement and optimize telehealth solutions.
Why choose GetSmarter?
- Data-driven course selection
- Outcomes-based design
- People-mediated delivery
GetSmarter™, powered by 2U, is an online learning expert with over 10 years' experience in developing premium online short courses from the world’s leading universities and institutions. We are powered by 2U to support you in unlocking your potential through...