Sustainable Finance and Investment
Earn an official certificate of professional achievement from Yale University.
Environmental, social, and governance (ESG) issues continue to gain momentum. But achieving targets like a net zero economy and equality will need the support of financial services.1 Whats more, companies have realized that integrating ESG criteria into business decisions goes beyond simply being more sustainable — its profitable too.
The Sustainable Finance and Investment online program from the Yale School of Management Executive Education examines the ESG ecosystem: the terminology, activity, drivers, and participants. With this industry road map, youll become equipped to understand the core of sustainable finance systems with the skills to accelerate this shift in business. Youll examine the challenges and opportunities of ESG data within the context of investment decision-making; explore its integration in asset-pricing models, portfolio management, and investment products; and learn how it can be used to determine investment strategies. The program features real-time data, gamified investment role playing, and interviews with a multitude of industry experts, giving you the practical skills, insights, and metrics to drive sustainable financial performance and investment strategies in your organization or career.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Is this program for you?
This program has been designed for business leaders and professionals in strategic roles who are aiming to make more informed, sustainable investment decisions. It will be beneficial to individuals from a wide range of industries, including investment, asset management, and banking. Theyll gain the skills to accelerate the transformation towards sustainable finance in their organizations, and learn to better report on sustainable investment returns. Consultants working in sustainability and project execution, as well as public policy professionals, will similarly gain insight into the ESG data and metrics that help shape sustainable investments.
Sustainable investing strategies
Key organizations and tools in sustainable finance
ESG data, metrics, and analytics
Asset pricing and portfolio management
Impact metrics and investing
Diversity of ESG investment products
Course delivery details
- 6 weeks Excluding orientation
- 5-8 hours per week Self-paced learning online
Certification / Credits
- Get recognized for your knowledge when you earn an official certificate of participation from the Yale SOM Executive Education.
- Assessment is continuous and based on a series of practical assignments completed online. In order to be issued with a certificate, youll need to meet the requirements outlined in the course handbook. The handbook will be made available to you as soon as you begin the program.
- Your certificate will be issued in your legal name and sent to you upon successful completion of the program, as per the stipulated requirements.
What will set you apart
On completion of this program, youll walk away with:
- Tools, frameworks, and insights to make educated decisions for your sustainable financial and investment goals.
- A holistic understanding of the ESG ecosystem, data and metrics, and how this can be leveraged to inform your investment strategies.
- Industry knowledge from Yale SOM faculty and numerous guest experts, empowering you to drive sustainable finance in business.
Why choose GetSmarter?
- Data-driven course selection
- Outcomes-based design
- People-mediated delivery
GetSmarter™, powered by 2U, is an online learning expert with over 10 years' experience in developing premium online short courses from the world’s leading universities and institutions. We are powered by 2U to support you in unlocking your potential through...