Earn an official certificate of professional achievement from Stanford University.
Gain a practical approach to the prevention of first and recurrent coronary artery disease events.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
This online short course is for you if you want to:
- Promote cardiovascular health with tools to guide behavior change strategies
- Learn how improved eating patterns, an increase in physical activity, weight loss, and smoking cessation can lower the risk of coronary artery disease (CAD)
- Improve the quality of life and overall health of individuals with CAD by helping them to implement healthy habits
Over the duration of this online short course, you’ll work through the following modules:
Module 1 Coronary artery disease and its causes
Examine the impact of risk factors on coronary artery disease.
Module 2 Behavioral risk factors
Learn how improved eating patterns, exercise, weight loss, and smoking cessation can lower the risk of coronary artery disease (CAD).
Module 3 Hypertension
Learn how managing hypertension can promote cardiovascular health.
Module 4 Diabetes
Understand how diabetes can increase the risk of coronary artery disease, and how it can be managed.
Module 5 Lipid disorders
Learn how lipid disorders cause atherosclerosis.
Module 6 Behavior change strategies
Understand how to overcome barriers to change and reduce the risk of coronary artery disease.
Course delivery details
- 6 weeks excluding orientation
- 6–8 hours per week Self-paced learning online
Certification / Credits
On completion of this course, you'll walk away with:
- An applied perspective on cardiac event prevention by identifying and managing the risk factors of CAD.
- Tools to build healthy lifestyle habits in patients through behavior change strategies.
- Skills and insights to assess and manage hypertension, diabetes, and lipid disorders to reduce CAD risk.
Why choose GetSmarter?
- Data-driven course selection
- Outcomes-based design
- People-mediated delivery
GetSmarter™, powered by 2U, is an online learning expert with over 10 years' experience in developing premium online short courses from the world’s leading universities and institutions. We are powered by 2U to support you in unlocking your potential through...