Health Economics and Policy
Earn an official certificate of professional achievement from The London School of Economics and Political Science
- An in-depth understanding of key economic principles as they relate to the healthcare sector, such as supply and demand, and efficiency and equity.
- A nuanced perspective on healthcare financing systems and how they can be utilised to realise true universal health coverage.
- Insight into the complexities of the healthcare labour market, including workforce planning and forecasting, workforce shortages, and external shocks.
- A balanced view of health and social justice, developed by assessing health inequalities and deconstructing the social determinants of health.
Who should attend?
This Course is for You if:
- You’re working in healthcare globally, as a social scientist, public health specialist, or medical and allied staff, and want a comprehensive understanding of the economic factors at work in the sector
- You’re a professional working in health agencies, governments, or NGOs, and are interested in exploring the policy solutions that might address inequality in the system
- You’re a healthcare professional who wants to understand contemporary healthcare challenges through the lens of economics
- You’re involved with policy analysis, advocacy, or formulation, and want a contemporary understanding of healthcare economics, and its impact on topics including health funding and workforce dynamics
- You’re a finance or economics professional looking for new perspectives on the economics of health insurance financing systems and the healthcare workforce, and how these can impact outcomes across contexts
Develop an understanding of key economic principles in healthcare as you work through the weekly modules of this online certificate course.
Economic principles applied to healthcare
Health financing systems
The healthcare labour market
Paying healthcare providers
The market for pharmaceuticals
Health and social justice
Course delivery details
- 6 weeks (excluding orientation)
- 6-9 hours per weekentirely online
Why choose GetSmarter?
- Data-driven course selection
- Outcomes-based design
- People-mediated delivery
GetSmarter™, powered by 2U, is an online learning expert with over 10 years' experience in developing premium online short courses from the world’s leading universities and institutions. We are powered by 2U to support you in unlocking your potential through...