Oxford Algorithmic Trading
Earn an official certificate of professional achievement from University of Oxford
While algorithmic trading has been around for a long time, the rise of machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) has substantially accelerated its course of development. This allows trading algorithms to find market efficiencies and better recognise profitable patterns of their own accord, making trades at a very high frequency. The performance of these algorithms, therefore, often exceeds those of professional traders and financial advisors.
The Oxford Algorithmic Trading Programme from Saïd Business School, University of Oxford, equips you with a comprehensive understanding of the rules that drive successful algorithmic trading strategies and hedge funds, as well as a grounded introduction to financial theory and behavioural finance. Over the course of six weeks, you’ll learn four principles established by Programme Director Nir Vulkan, to guide you through the process of evaluating an algorithmic trading model. You’ll also discover what biases are present in the market and how these behavioural traits create exploitable patterns. On completion, you’ll have the ability to assess whether a trading model or fund is worth investing in.
Who should attend?
Is this programme for you?
This programme is aimed at working professionals in the trading and investment space or those not currently familiar with the algorithmic trading platform. It will be of value to anyone interested in hearing from industry leaders and top academics on the key issues facing algorithmic systematic traders. The programme will also interest professionals looking to learn about the predicted impact of AI and automation on the course of financial trading’s future. Private and part-time traders who wish to improve their trading abilities and experiment with algorithmic trading models will also benefit from the programme. This non-technical programme features optional activities for participants interested in engaging in the technical side of algorithmic trading by discovering how to build a model using Python. These activities are entirely voluntary and run through an integrated development environment. No extra software is required.
Introduction to classic and behavioural finance theory
Systematic trading and the state of the investment industry
Technical analysis and the methodology of trading system design
Working with an algorithmic trading model
Evaluation criteria for systematic models and funds
Future trends in algorithmic trading
Course delivery details
- 6 weeks (excluding orientation)
- 8-10 hours per week
- Self-paced learning online
Certification / Credits
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of algorithmic trading strategies and earn an official certificate of attendance from Saïd Business School, University of Oxford.
- Assessment is continuous and based on a series of practical assignments completed online. In order to be issued with a certificate, you’ll need to meet the requirements outlined in the programme handbook. The handbook will be made available to you as soon as you begin the programme.
- Your certificate will be issued in your legal name and sent to you upon successful completion of the programme, as per the stipulated requirements.
What will set you apart
On completion of this programme, you’ll walk away with:
- The ability to assess the efficacy of an algorithmic trading model within a real-world market environment.
- The skills to develop and implement your own algorithmic trading strategies based on the four key rules laid out in this programme.
- Insight into how automation, AI, machine learning, and emerging technologies will impact the future of systematic trading.
- Unlimited access to both the official Oxford Executive Education Alumni group on LinkedIn and 2U’s Career Engagement Network, offering you exclusive resources and events to support your professional journey and drive your career forward.
Why choose GetSmarter?
- Data-driven course selection
- Outcomes-based design
- People-mediated delivery
GetSmarter™, powered by 2U, is an online learning expert with over 10 years' experience in developing premium online short courses from the world’s leading universities and institutions. We are powered by 2U to support you in unlocking your potential through...