Accounting for Investment and Managerial Decision-Making
Earn an official certificate of professional achievement from The London School of Economics and Political Science
In today’s shifting business landscape, a functional understanding of finance and accounting has become an integral part of any influential manager’s toolkit. On the eight-week Accounting for Investment and Managerial Decision-Making online certificate course from the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE), you’ll develop a financial and managerial accounting toolkit to drive decision-making and enhance organisational performance. With a firm grounding in accounting principles, you’ll improve your ability to analyse statements, and learn how to communicate financial results to key business stakeholders.
With guidance from expert LSE faculty, you’ll discover how insights into your company’s costs, efficiencies, and profits can help create a culture of sustained improvement, and learn how delegating decision-making authority can foster a sense of responsibility in your team. Finally, you’ll assess the role of planning, budgeting, and performance targets, and explore how to design incentive, monitoring, and feedback systems that can achieve them.
Who should attend?
Is this course for you?
This course will benefit any non-financial manager or professional seeking to develop their accounting skills and knowledge to inform strategy and improve business performance. It’s aimed at individuals with limited accounting knowledge, whether they are new or aspiring managers looking to broaden their financial skill set, business owners or entrepreneurs responsible for organisational decision-making, or non-business management professionals wanting to accelerate their career progression. The course isn’t suitable for current finance or accounting professionals.
Develop the tools and knowledge to enhance your financial and managerial decision-making as you work through the weekly modules of this online certificate course.
Welcome to your Online Campus
The building blocks of financial reporting
Financial performance assessment: The income statement
Financial position and capital structure: The balance sheet
Financial statement analysis
Management accounting concepts and principles
Delegation and control
Measuring and incentivising profitability
Incentives, monitoring, and feedback to drive results
Course delivery details
- 8 weeks (excluding orientation)
- 7-10 hours per week Self-paced learning online
Certification / Credits
- Learn how to make better financial and managerial accounting decisions, and earn an official certificate of competence from the London School of Economics and Political Science.
- Assessment is continuous and based on a series of practical assignments completed online. In order to be issued with a certificate, you’ll need to meet the requirements outlined in the course handbook. The handbook will be made available to you as soon as you begin the course.
- Your certificate will be issued in your legal name and sent to you upon successful completion of the course, as per the stipulated requirements.
What will set you apart
On completion of this course, you’ll walk away with:
- A fundamental understanding of financial and managerial accounting concepts and principles to inform your business decision-making.
- The ability to analyse income statements, balance sheets and market information, and communicate the results to stakeholders.
- Insights into the costs, efficiencies, and profits of a company, and the tools for creating a sustainable culture of improved performance.
- The capacity to recommend and delegate decision-making authority to foster personal and team responsibility among employees.
- The skills to design incentive, monitoring, and feedback systems to drive performance and meet organisational targets.
Why choose GetSmarter?
- Data-driven course selection
- Outcomes-based design
- People-mediated delivery
GetSmarter™, powered by 2U, is an online learning expert with over 10 years' experience in developing premium online short courses from the world’s leading universities and institutions. We are powered by 2U to support you in unlocking your potential through...