Transformative Living Labs in Mobility
“Transformative Living Labs in Mobility” introduces living laboratory model of achieving sustainable urban mobility systems. The goal of the course is to explore the ways that multiple stakeholders and agencies organize and investigate living labs to find solutions for urban mobility.
Mobility planning plays a key role in building more sustainable cities and providing equitable access to economic opportunities, education, healthcare and social activities. The living lab concept can be a helpful tool to achieve these goals. This co-development process forms coalitions that enable transformative change, addresses climate change, and supports inclusive, sustainable urban development. Urban change makers can use the living labs approach to highlight the benefits of innovations and interventions and test the validity in collaboration with authorities, academia, civil society, private sector and end-users.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- Virtual Classroom
Who should attend?
- Strong English language skills recommended
- Ability to perform basic mathematical operations
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Massachusetts Institute of Technology, a partner institute of EdX.
8-10 hours per week
- Verified Track -$50
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- The role of transportation and mobility planning in climate action plans aiming to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and mitigate climate change
- Key principles and methodologies of living labs
- How to develop and implement a living lab, including stakeholder engagement and coalition building
- How to integrate the living labs model with policy making, planning, and private entities to drive urban mobility solutions globally
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...