The Data Science Method
Despite and influx in computing power and access to data over the last couple of decades, our ability to use data within the decision-making process is either lost or not maximized all too often. We do not have a strong grasp of the questions asked and how to apply the data correctly to resolve the issues at hand.
The purpose of this course is to share the methods, models and practices that can be applied within data science, to ensure that the data used in problem-solving is relevant and properly manipulated to address business and real-world challenges.
You will learn how to identify a problem, collect and analyze data, build a model, and understand the feedback after model deployment.
Advancing your ability to manage, decipher and analyze new and big data is vital to working in data science. By the end of this course, you will have a better understanding of the various stages and requirements of the data science method and be able to apply it to your own work.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Course delivery details
This course is offered through IBM, a partner institute of EdX.
3–7 hours per week
- Verified Track -$99
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- The major steps involved in tackling a data science problem.
- Why data scientists need a methodology and an approach.
- What it means to understand data, and prepare or clean data
- How to practice data science, including forming a concrete business question or research.
- Through completing a peer-reviewed assignment, you will demonstrate your understanding of the data science methodology by applying it to a problem that you define
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...