Technology Entrepreneurship: Lab to Market
Universities, government labs, and private companies invest billions of dollars in the research and development of breakthrough technologies that have the potential to transform industries and lives — but very few of these technologies ever leave the lab. Those that do often fail to find compelling market applications. So what determines success? How does an invention become an enduring innovation?
In this introductory course, developed in collaboration with the Laboratory for Innovation Science at Harvard and the University of California San Diego, you’ll explore how entrepreneurs match promising technology with customer needs to launch successful new businesses. Using real-world examples, you’ll apply critical thinking to commercialize technologies, and you’ll learn about the venture creation process from founders, funders, and industry experts.
Join us to learn a systematic process for technology commercialization to bring cutting-edge innovations out of the lab and into the world.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
- Section 1: Problem Solving and Systematic Innovation
- Section 2: Matching Needs and Seeds
- Section 3: Generating Business and Operating Models
- Section 4: Determining Readiness and Market Fit
- Section 5: Financing Your Venture
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Harvard University, a partner institute of EdX.
2-4 hours per week
- Verified Track -$99
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- A systematic approach to technology entrepreneurship
- How to generate new use scenarios by matching customer needs with promising technology seeds
- How to align business and operating models
- How to evaluate a technology for readiness and market fit
- How to position opportunities to secure funding
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...