Strategic Applications of IT Project & Program Management
This course has a focus on learning the most commonly used project management methodologies in the IT field, and why they are effective. This course introduces you to project management standards and frameworks that increase efficiency and deliver tangible business benefits to IT projects.
- Relationships among projects, programs and portfolios
- Organizational culture and project management roles
- Project management methods and lifecycles and their applications
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Course delivery details
This course is offered through University of Washington, a partner institute of EdX.
2-5 hours per week
- Verified Track -$199
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Explain why organizations use project management to deliver business value;
- Describe the relationships among projects, programs and portfolios;
- Define the differences between predictive, iterative and Agile-based lifecycles;
- Analyze different project management roles -- project manager, sponsor, stakeholder, ScrumMaster, product owner and developer;
- Understand how organizational culture can influence the role of the project manager
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...