Staying F.O.C.U.S.E.D. in a Complicated World (Business Discipline)
Whether you are a university student trying to make sense of a difficult major course project or struggling to add value during your internship placement; or you are practicing manager struggling to find a resolution to a complex problem, issue or challenge, this course will guide you through a framework designed to help you open up the alternatives. Through this structured framework designed to help you better deal with your unstructured problems, you will learn BETTER, learn FASTER and learn MORE than you are used to. In essence, this short course will help you “HOW” to learn to (un)learn during knowledge transfer.
The course is for you if:
- You have a burning unsolved problem, issue or challenge you want to solve
- You are looking for a new way of dealing with the unknown, unfamiliar, rare and novel situations
- You want to become BETTER at understanding, explaining and anticipating complexity
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
- Overview and F.O.C.U.S.E.D. Philosophy
- Applying the F.O.C.U.S.E.D. framework
- Case studies of the framework in practice
Course delivery details
This course is offered through The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, a partner institute of EdX.
2-3 hours per week
- Verified Track -$99
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
Grounded on solid empirical research and theory, the F.O.C.U.S.E.D. philosophy has been tried and tested across multiple disciplines and industry sectors for over a decade. Through a carefully designed learning sequence and thought-provoking learning activities, this course will enable you to:
- Learn the 21st century core competencies (of the F.O.C.U.S.E.D. framework) much sort after by successful key decision-makers when dealing with the unknown, unfamiliar, rare and novel events.
- Identify key questions, statements and prompts within each of the seven (7) themes of the framework that will broaden and deepen your understanding of complex unsolved problems, issues and challenges.
- Review the importance that problem-solving is also about problem-setting.
- Open your mind to “otherness”: other forms of reasoning, other forms of logics, other forms of explanations and to other ways of knowing.
- Better explain how the F.O.C.U.S.E.D. framework can be applied into your specific disciplinary field.
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...