Sensor Fusion and Non-linear Filtering for Automotive Systems
In this course, we will introduce you to the fundamentals of sensor fusion for automotive systems. Key concepts involve Bayesian statistics and how to recursively estimate parameters of interest using a range of different sensors.
The course is designed for students who seek to gain a solid understanding of Bayesian statistics and how to use it to fuse information from different sensors. We emphasize object positioning problems, but the studied techniques are applicable much more generally. The course contains a series of videos, quizzes and hand-on assignments where you get to implement many of the key techniques and build your own sensor fusion toolbox.
The course is self-contained, but we highly recommend that you also take the course ChM015x: Multi-target Tracking for Automotive Systems. Together, these courses give you an excellent foundation to tackle advanced problems related to perceiving the traffic situation around an autonomous vehicle using observations from a variety of different sensors, such as, radar, lidar and camera.
Who should attend?
Mathematical statistics and MATLAB.
- Introduction and Primer in statistics
- Bayesian statistics
- State space models and optimal filters
- The Kalman filter and its properties
- Motion and measurements models
- Non-linear filtering
- Particle filter
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Chalmers University of Technology, a partner institute of EdX.
10-20 hours per week
- Verified Track -$299
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Basics of Bayesian statistics and recursive estimation theory
- Describe and model common sensors, and their measurements
- Compare typical motion models used for positioning, in order to know when to use them in practical problems
- Describe the essential properties of the Kalman filter (KF) and apply it on linear state space models
- Implement key nonlinear filters in Matlab, in order to solve problems with nonlinear motion and/or sensor models
- Select a suitable filter method by analysing the properties and requirements in an application
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...