Risk Management and Credit Principles
This course is Part 1 of the Credit and Credit Risk Analysis Professional Certificate program from the New York Institute of Finance. The course begins with an introduction to risk management and credit principles. You will review and understand credit risk, credit exposure, and the goals of credit analysis. You will learn about the purpose of debt, debt forms, and the difference between financing from debt vs. equity.
In this course, you will gain a deeper understanding of the principles of credit risks, including exposure, default, default probability, expected loss, and loss given default. Important concepts will be covered that will help you to effectively assess business and industry risks, company business models, market competition, and the impact of risks on company performance. You'll examine how companies measure and mitigate these risks.
Lastly, you'll review the roles of credit-rating agencies and the usefulness of market-related metrics, such as share prices and credit spreads. At the end of the course, you'll complete a hands-on risk analysis assessment.
Free Preview! Access Module 1 for free. For full course access, upgrade to a verified certificate.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
- Mod 01: Introduction to Risk Management and Credit Principles (Audit this module for Free)
- Mod 02: Principles of Corporate and Project Finance
- Mod 03: Credit Markets, Loan Defaults, and Expected Loss
- Mod 04: Business, Industry, and Company Risk
Course delivery details
This course is offered through New York Institute of Finance, a partner institute of EdX.
2-3 hours per week
- Verified Track -$199
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Introduction to Risk Management and Credit Principles
- Principles of Corporate and Project Finance
- Credit Markets, Loan Defaults, and Expected Loss
- Business, Industry, and Company Risk
- Ratings Agencies and Financial Disclosure
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...