Preparing for CLEP Chemistry: Part 1
The course topics include modern atomic theory, periodic table and trends, stoichiometry, bonding, molecular structure, kinetics, thermodynamics, equilibrium, acids and bases, gases, liquids and solids, electrochemistry and solubility. This material conveyed using video lectures, practice questions and review exams may be used for self-study by students and teachers. This is a self-paced, asynchronous course. It is meant to be a useful resource without much staff support or involvement. The quizzes and assignments will be auto-graded. While students are welcome to interact with fellow students on the discussion boards, there are no opportunities to interact with the course instructor or staff directly.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
- Students should have already completed an introductory high school chemistry course.
- Students should also be familiar with mathematical concepts such as algebra, logarithms, and significant figures.
- Fundamental building blocks of all matter
- Influence of structure and arrangement of particles on chemical and physical properties of materials
- Reorganization of particles leads to change in matter
- Rates of chemical reactions and molecular collisions
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Cooper Union, a partner institute of EdX.
8-12 hours per week
- Verified Track -$49
- Audit Track - Free
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...