Practical Learning Analytics
Practical Learning Analytics has a specific goal:
- to help us collectively ponder learning analytics in a concrete way.
- To keep it practical, we will focus on using traditional student record data, the kinds of data every campus already has.
- To make it interesting, we will address questions raised by an array of different stakeholders, including campus leaders, faculty, staff, and especially students.
- To provide analytic teeth, each analysis we discuss will be supported by both realistic data and sample code.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Course delivery details
This course is offered through The University of Michigan, a partner institute of EdX.
2-8 hours per week
- Verified Track -$49
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- About the landscape of learning analytics in higher education
- How to bring in data of your own for analysis and visualization
- About performance prediction in a course: up to and including grade penalties, placement analyses, performance disparities and their correlates, course-to-course correlation
- How institutions are creating early warning systems and personalized communication
- How to apply learning analytics to observe differences and probe impact, capturing more and better information
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...