All available course dates
If you are interested in learning programming, but find pure programming courses not very exciting, this course is for you.
If you know a little (or a lot of) programming already, but want to learn more about the rules that govern life without having to pick up a traditional academic textbook, this course will also be of interest to you. You will learn some key ideas that form the basis of modern biology, from population genetics to evolutionary biology to infectious disease spread.
No prior programming knowledge needed.
Who should attend?
- Basic mathematics concepts
- Basic biological concepts
- The Genes, They Are a-Changin’
- Genetic Drift: The Power of Chance
- Mutation: The Power of Mistakes
- Migration: Spatial Models
- Natural Selection: The Best Idea Anyone’s Ever Had
- Epidemics: The Spread of Infectious Diseases
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne, a partner institute of EdX.
3-4 hours per week
- Verified Track -$49
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Key biological concepts that govern life
- How to programmatically implement an idea or concept
- How implementing an idea or concept in code is an efficient way to fully understand it
Solutions for Your Biggest Business Challenges:
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team