National Accounts Statistics
This course, presented by the IMF's Statistics Department, teaches you how to compile timely, high quality national accounts statistics based on the system of national accounts (SNA) framework. The course introduces the sequence of national accounts, the accounting rules, and the key macroeconomic indicators in the SNA framework. You will learn about gross domestic product (GDP) - the main aggregate of the system, and how to compile consistent and internationally comparable measures of GDP according to the production, income, and expenditure approaches. The course also discusses in detail, how the SNA can be used to track an economy's production, consumption, and income and how to estimate volume measures of GDP.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Course delivery details
This course is offered through The International Monetary Fund, a partner institute of EdX.
3-5 hours per week
- Verified Track -$25
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
Upon completion of the course, you should be able to:
- Describe the system of national accounts framework, understand the sequence of accounts and their interrelationships, and identify the key macroeconomic indicators
- Explain key national accounts concepts, accounting rules, and methods.
- Define the components of gross domestic product (GDP) from the production approach. Apply the concepts, accounting rules, methods, and data sources necessary to estimate GDP from the production approach.
- Define the components of GDP from the expenditure approach. Apply the concepts, accounting rules, methods, and data sources necessary to estimate GDP from the expenditure approach.
- Define the components of GDP from the income approach. Apply the concepts, accounting rules, methods and data sources necessary to estimate GDP from the income approach.
- Define and explain how to compile volume estimates of GDP from both the production and expenditure perspective.
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...