Medicine in the Digital Age
Medicine is in the midst of a shift never before seen. Information and technology are advancing at rates faster than our ability to adapt. These changes, along with social forces such as the health 2.0 movement, are redefining the role of the doctor and patient. This course offers participants an engaging, never-before-seen view of medicine and healthcare.
"Medicine in the Digital Age" features in-depth interviews with thought leaders in digital health, including:
Dr. Eric Topol, author of The Creative Destruction of Medicine (2012) and The Patient Will See You Now (2015)
Dr. Roni Zeiger, former Chief Health Strategist for Google and CEO and Co-founder of Smart Patients
Dr. Peter Killoran, Biomedical informatics and EHR usability expert
Fred Trotter, Data Journalist and Author of Meaningful Use and Beyond (2011)
Dr. David Wetter, Director of Innovation for Behavioral Health on Mobile Data to Knowledge (MD2K) center, for NIH Big Data to Knowledge (BD2K) Initiative
The course is intended for a general audience and is relevant to anyone working or interested in the emerging healthcare environment. At the end of the course, participants will have the knowledge to successfully engage with the future of digital medicine.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- Virtual Classroom
Who should attend?
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Rice University, a partner institute of EdX.
2-4 hours per week
- Verified Track -$25
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- How to identify the core areas of growth and disruption in digital health.
- How to distinguish between hype and real opportunity in digital health.
- How to identify major challenges facing doctors and patients as medicine transitions from analog to digital.
- How digital health is re-defining the physician.
- How to recognize the emerging role of the e-patient in health care.
- How to critically analyze the risks and opportunities facing individuals and health organizations as they transition to the digital health space.
- How to use Twitter like an expert to leverage public dialogue, both personally and professionally.
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...