Expand your data analysis and modeling skills in MATLAB, a programming and numeric computing platform used to analyze data, develop algorithms, and create models. Millions of engineers and scientists worldwide use MATLAB to study and build advanced applications in machine learning, deep learning, signal processing, communications, image processing, and control systems. They are shaping the future by modeling rockets that may someday take you into space, developing autonomous vehicles to travel safely and efficiently, and designing wave farms that harness the power of ocean waves to generate clean energy.
In this course, you'll use MATLAB to examine real-world problems and answer questions like:
- How far does a blue whale swim each day?
- What is the favorite topping in a pizza shop?
- What is the ride quality of a car suspension?
- How does the magnitude of an earthquake impact the strength of a tsunami?
- What is the most expensive failure in a factory?
MATLAB makes it easy to see results quickly, so there are no pre-requisites for the course. Whether you're auditing or a verified learner, you will have free access to MATLAB for the duration of the course. You will learn how to process, analyze, and visualize data collected nearly everywhere in today's digital workplace. You'll use powerful templates and auto-generated code to start experimenting immediately and quickly process similar data sets. And you'll gain the essential programming skills needed to perform these exciting tasks.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Course delivery details
This course is offered through MathWorks, a partner institute of EdX.
4-7 hours per week
- Verified Track -$149
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Accessing data within a wide range of formats from spreadsheets and text files
- Producing professional-quality visualizations for 2-D, 3-D, geographic, text, and time-series data
- Performing typical analysis tasks such as group statistics or processing data
- Creating animations to visualize changes over time
- Sharing work with colleagues for collaboration
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...