This course is part six of the MathTrackX XSeries Program which has been designed to provide you with a solid foundation in mathematical fundamentals and how they can be applied in the real world.
This course will build on probability and random variable knowledge gained from previous courses in the MathTrackX XSeries with the study of statistical inference, one of the most important parts of statistics.
Guided by experts from the School of Mathematics and the Maths Learning Centre at the University of Adelaide, this course will cover random sampling, sample means and proportions, confidence intervals for sample means and proportions and one-sample tests of proportions and means.
Join us as we provide opportunities to develop your skills and confidence in applying mathematics to solve real world problems.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
- The concept of a random sample, sources of bias in samples, and procedures to ensure randomness
- The concept of the sample proportion as a random variable
- The approximate normality of the distribution of proportions for large samples
- The concept of an interval estimates for a parameter associated with a random variable
- How to define the approximate margin of error for proportions.
Course delivery details
This course is offered through University of Adelaide, a partner institute of EdX.
3-6 hours per week
- Verified Track -$79
- Audit Track - Free
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...