IT Fundamentals for Business Professionals: Hardware
This course is one of the 5 courses of an introductory business information systems series, designed to introduce you to the amazing world of Information Technology.
The series of courses is designed so that a professional in a field outside the information technologies (financial, administrative or managerial) acquires the basic knowledge in Information Technology to be able to interact more profitably with the computer and telecommunications specialists of your company or other corporations with which you are related, being able to specify requirements, evaluate workloads and monitor results in a much more effective way.
The syllabus of the series is based on the CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications exam.
In this course you will learn the basic hardware concepts on which information systems and communications networks are based
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
- Basic knowledge of Internet and computers.
- Knowledge of mathematics at High School level is assumed.
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Universitat Politècnica de València, a partner institute of EdX.
3-6 hours per week
- Verified Track -$75
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
You will learn about:
- Computer peripherals and telecommunications and network devices
- Functions carried out by computer hardware, communications hardware and network hardware
- Client /server architectures
- Wireless communication devices (mobile, satellite, GPS)
- Digital representation of information (text, numbers, multimedia) and use of the binary system
- Local and Enterprise Area Network Architectures
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...