Introduction to Investments
When you complete this course, you will become familiar with the general structure of primary and secondary equity markets from a domestic and international perspective. Beginning with introductory finance notions of risk and return, we examine qualitative concepts such as market efficiency and valuation.
These tools should enable you to build valuation models for common stocks. Through this process, you will also learn how professional financial analysts should evaluate companies. The course is suitable for students seeking eventual employment with a brokerage company, investment company or financial services company with responsibilities in evaluating and selecting equity securities for investment portfolios.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
- Introductory corporate finance
- High school algebra
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, a partner institute of EdX.
3-5 hours per week
- Verified Track -$50
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- To advance the understanding of fundamental concepts of financial markets and market participants.
- To explain the structure of global markets in which equities trade.
- To evaluate the economic and industry environment in which companies operate.
- To develop and employ tools of financial analysis for examining company fundamentals.
- To understand techniques for valuing equity securities.
- To link theories of valuation to practical aspects of investing.
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...