Introduction to Computer Numerical Control (English)
Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Machining is the process through which computers control machine-based processes in manufacturing. The kinds of machines controlled include lathes, mills, routers and grinders – all used for manufacturing of metal and plastic products.
In this course, you’ll learn the ins-and-outs of CNC machining; building the essential knowledge to develop and operate a project with a CNC machine.
From plan interpretation to machining and quality control, you will learn how to make the right decision in every stage of a project through videos and interactive activities.
We invite you to take part of the “Jaque Mate” company project, the objective of which is to produce chess pieces.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
The students attending the course should have knowledge of:
- Technical drawing and blueprint reading.
- Handling measuring instruments.
- Week 1:About the course:Prologue. Meet our team. Frequently Asked Questions. Interpretation of the plans and order: Simulation - The Order. Why a CNC machine?
- Week 2:Analysis of processes and CNC machines:CNC machine elements. Coordinate Systems. Simulation - The machine. Selection of the cutting tool: Introduction to cutting tool selection. Simulation - The tool.
- Week 3:CNC Code Generation:Introduction to programming. Trajectories and tool control. Simulation - The code. Machine code implementation: Program Verification and Implementation. Machine preparation and operation. Final Controls. Simulation - Production.
- Week 4:Quality control and piece measurement:Quality control. Simulation - Delivery.
Course delivery details
This course is offered through TenarisUniversity, a partner institute of EdX.
2-3 hours per week
- Verified Track -$49
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- How to identify the right machine tool for the production process.
- Selection of cutting tools according to the ISO standard.
- How to develop a basic CNC code.
- Implementation of necessary pre-production adjustments.
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...